Don't miss the shopping fun! TpT will be offline on Wednesday until 8am so head over now, beat the rush and fill your shopping cart! Don't forget to leave feedback for your purchases...the more feedback you leave the more credits you get! The more credits you get the more FREE items you can buy!
Now for some linky fun...
I'm back from my weekend trip to Georgia.
What a beautiful state!
I wish I could just pick up the beaches here in Florida and move them to the rolling hills of GA.
I could live there and be happy for the rest of my days.
But, I'll share more about my adventures tomorrow.
TODAY I'm linking up with Amy!
have had a HUGE crush on Jason Castro from American Idol. It is was bad ya'll. I saw him in concert once. I may or may not have screamed like a middle school girl seeing *NSYNC for the first time. It wasn't my proudest moment. I still have my autographed copy of his calendar. I just can't seem to part with it just yet.
...speaking of crushes...
2. Mr Hubs and I just celebrated our one year anniversary last month! We were married on the hottest day in the history of mankind...in the prettiest flower garden ever- so the heat didn't really matter...we all just melted a little ;)
3. I am the oldest of 4 children and officially the SHORTEST of all of us.
My youngest brother and I are 15 years apart! I was a sophomore in high school when he was born. He was also our "ring bodyguard" at our wedding...and making him wear pink was hard enough but them to call him a "ring bearer"...the horror! ;) Some kids are just too cool.
4. I have to eat salt and vinegar chips on any road trip or it just doesn't feel like a road trip.
5. I've had an obsession with critters since I was a young child.
Mr. Hubs likes to say, "If it moves, she'll find it." And it's true.
He's such a good sport.
Last year I found this little opossum at school and brought him home.
He went to live at an outdoor youth camp run by the state.
The kids raised him and released him at the end of the summer.
6. My kitty is like my child.
He's very needy and can't stand to be alone.
He gets into a lot of trouble.
He doesn't realize that curiosity can kill him.
He adores Mr. Hubs but the feelings are not mutual.
7. I'm deathly afraid of living spiders. Dead ones are okay.
8. I wore braces when I was in middle school and again in my mid-twenties. The second time around I went with the clear ones. For my wedding they took out the wires so you really couldn't tell.
9. I graduated from University of Central Florida with my degree in Interdisciplinary Studies.
I minored in studio art, early childhood education and social science.
Translation: I'm crafty, I love teaching and I like to people watch.
10. I teach at an inner city school in the heart of Central Florida.
It's a tough area.
People often ask why I don't change schools or teach somewhere easier.
Here's the truth:
Is it hard trying to keep up with growing state expectations for students that are disadvantaged? yes.
Are there times when you're more than just their teacher? absolutely.
Could I teach somewhere else? sure.
I just feel like I'm making more of a difference where I'm at...and not just educationally.
There's times when my smile or high five may be the only positive thing that those little people get all day...and that's what keeps me going. They didn't choose to be born and it's my job to make sure those 7 hours a day help them develop tools to change the world around them.
So, there ya have it. My passions, my family and my obsessions :)
I'll be back tomorrow with my first time adventure into the CONTAINER STORE?!?